Please click the buttons below for more information.
2nd Call for Papers in English
2nd Call for Papers in French
The African Accounting and Finance Association (AAFA) was established in 2011 and is the main Pan-African accounting and finance academic association which extends its reach beyond the Anglophone remit to embrace other African regions, such as the Francophone region; which is seen as one of its most distinctive features.
Its annual Conference – The African Accounting and Finance Conference – brings together established scholars (from within the continent, the diaspora and beyond), early career researchers (including graduate students), policymakers, and practitioners to debate on contemporary issues in accounting and finance. The Conference will feature parallel sessions in English and French.
University of Dar es Salaam Business School (UDBS) of the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) is one of the growing Schools in the East African Region which came into existence in 2008 as a result of transforming the former Faculty of Commerce and Management (FCM) which was established in 1979. UDBS is very proud to host the 9th edition of the African Accounting and Finance Association (AAFA) Conference, in collaboration with the Institute of Finance Management (IFM).
Research areas of interest to the Conference
The conference welcomes submissions (full papers) in any area(s) of accounting and finance including, but not limited to:
· Financial Accounting and Reporting
· Auditing and Internal Audit
· Financial Management
· Management Accounting and Control
· Accounting Information Systems
· Integrated Reporting
· International Financial Reporting Standards
· Accounting History and Developments
· Public sector accounting and finance
· Accounting Education and Training
· Professional Ethics and Standards
· Non-profit Accounting
· Sustainability Accounting and/or Reporting
· Social and Environmental Accounting
· Corporate finance
· Corporate Social Responsibility
· IFRS for Small and Medium Entities (SMEs)
· International Finance, Banking, and Financial Markets
· SME accounting and finance
· Regulation of Accounting and Financial Services
· Accountability and Governance
· International Public Sector Accounting Standards
· Accounting and Finance in Oil and Gas
· Risk management and Insurance
· Financial literacy and Education
· Value chain Finance
Submission of Manuscripts
Submissions in English should be sent electronically to email@example.com with subject line: 2019 AAFC English Track. Submissions in French should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: 2019 AAFC Français.